High-Quality Extruded Gaskets
Extruded gaskets are a type of sealing system that many corporate manufacturers use during the production process. They provide reliable sealing solutions and reduce the risk of leakages.
Automated Gasket Corporation supplies high-quality extruded gaskets to meet your requirements. Our team has many years of expertise providing custom-fit gasket solutions for numerous industrial applications. We are committed to providing you with the best quality components in the industry.
Industries We Serve
Automated Gasket is proud to serve the automotive, industrial, agricultural, medical, aerospace industries, and more! We specialize in providing top-tier extruded gasket solutions for every need.
We understand that each industry has unique needs, so we offer various extruded gaskets to meet your needs. Our team is dedicated to helping you find the right gasket solution for your application and providing efficient, cost-effective solutions for your production process.
Benefits of Extruded Gaskets
There are multiple benefits of extruded gaskets in various industries, including:
- Durability: Extruded gaskets are highly durable and withstand different pressures and temperatures, making them ideal for many industrial applications.
- Versatility: Extruded gaskets come in many shapes, sizes, and materials to suit the needs of any project.
- Ease of installation: They are made from rubber or thermal plastic and can be cut and fitted easily. They are simple to install in any project.
- Cost-effectiveness: Extruded gaskets are a cost-effective solution that allows companies to reduce costs associated with repairing leaks.
Choosing the Right Extruded Gasket
When choosing an extruded gasket best suited for your application, consider these factors:
Common Manufacturing Materials for Extruded Gasket
Different gasket materials provide varying levels of protection and performance. Each material meets different requirements and conditions, making them efficient for several applications. Take a look at some of our commonly used materials and their best uses:
- EPDM rubber or foam exhibits good weathering, ozone, aging, UV light, and chemical resistance. It is best used in water treatment applications.
- Natural rubber or foam is a versatile material that is durable and cost-effective. Natural rubber is commonly used in extruded rubber gaskets because it offers excellent resistance to wear and tear, ozone, weathering, water, and chemicals.
- Neoprene rubber or foam has good resistance to oils, grease, and solvents. It can also withstand cold temperatures and weathering.
- Silicon rubber or foam is best in extreme temperatures and chemical resistance conditions.
- Viton rubber or foam provides excellent chemical resistance to acids, oil, fuel, and solvents. It also offers good abrasion resistance and higher heat tolerance than other materials.
- Thermal Plastic is an excellent choice for gasket applications that require good chemical resistance, weathering, and aging.
- And many more
Other Factors to Consider When Choosing an Extruded Gasket
Your gasket must be correctly sized for the intended application. If the gasket is too small, it may not provide a secure seal and could leak. The shape of the gasket should also be considered, as some may provide better sealing capabilities than others.
Extruded gaskets come in multiple different pressure ratings. Make sure to choose a gasket that can withstand the operating pressures of your application. The higher the rating, the more durable and reliable the gasket will be in various conditions.
It is crucial to consider the temperature range before selecting a gasket. Depending on the material, some gaskets may perform better at certain temperatures than others. For example, silicon is best in extreme temperatures and chemical resistance conditions.
Installation and Maintenance of Extruded Gaskets
Proper installation techniques for extruded gaskets are crucial for achieving a secure and reliable seal. Using the correct tools when installing your gasket is vital, as improper installation could cause leaks. Using the appropriate mounting hardware as directed by your manufacturer is also critical.
After installation, inspect your extruded gaskets regularly to ensure they function properly and securely. Regular gasket maintenance may include cleaning, lubricating, and replacing worn-out gaskets.
Extruded vs. Molded Seals
Automated Gasket can provide extruded and molded seals for your application, with the ability to customize them to meet your specific requirements. These two types of seals have their differences.
Extruded seals are customizable shapes and sizes to fit the application. They are durable and resistant to extreme temperatures, pressure, and chemical exposure. Also, they are easier to install and maintain.
A pre-formed shape is pressed into the rubber to make a molded seal. Applications with complex forms benefit most from molded seals. Molded seals have superior sealing properties while also resistant to extreme temperatures, pressure, and chemical exposure.
Choose Automated Gasket for Extruded Gaskets
Automated Gasket is an experienced extruded gasket supplier with access to quality materials and various services. We offer many products and customization options to fit any application.
Our team of experts can help you find the right solution for your needs and provide installation and maintenance services to ensure long-term performance and satisfaction. Contact us today for more information about our extruded gaskets.
Contact Us For all of Your Custom Gasket Needs
Toll Free: 800.325.9972