Automated Gasket Corporation is an ISO-certified manufacturer that specializes in nitrile rubber gaskets and seals. We have years of experience fabricating custom sealing solutions for a wide variety of OEM customers. Our extensive knowledge, dedication to precision, and outstanding customer service are just some of the many benefits of choosing us as your nitrile gasket supplier. With our on-site prototyping services, we are able to produce your sample within 48 hours of your request, as long as material is available.
For high-quality custom nitrile rubber seals and gaskets, contact us today!
Advantages of Nitrile Gasket Material
Nitrile rubber, also known as Buna-N and NBR, is the most widely used elastomer for gaskets and seals. Unlike many other rubber compounds, nitrile is able to resist swelling when exposed to oil and fuel substances. Nitrile gasket material properties provide excellent resistance to oils, solvents, gasoline, and petroleum-based fluids, often making them the first choice for automotive, aerospace, and oil industries. It also has good elongation properties with compression set, tear, and abrasion resistance.
Due to its resilience, nitrile is used in applications requiring resistance to extreme hot and cold temperatures, abrasion, water, and gas permeability. Buna-N gasket material is effective for temperatures ranging from -40 to +250 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes them the ideal sealing material for use in small engines and other high-temperature industrial machinery. However, nitrile provides poor ozone, sunlight, and weather resistance, therefore it is not recommended for outside applications.
Our nitrile rubber gaskets are available in a wide selection of material grades, such as:
- Commercial Grade Nitrile – With moderate oil resistance, this cost-efficient blend accommodates less demanding applications that require resistance to oils, solvents, and fuels.
- Mid-Grade Nitrile – This grade falls between commercial and premium in oil resistance and price. This nitrile gasket material works well sealing oil and solvents in applications that can range from -30 to + 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- High-Grade Premium Nitrile – This consists of 100% nitrile rubber. This grade is the optimum choice when your application requires a gasket material that exhibits excellent resistance to oils, solvents, and fuels.
- FDA Nitrile – This is a superior, long-life rubber that has good resistance to abrasion and is made from FDA-approved ingredients.
- Transformer Oil Nitrile – This is designed specifically for use with transformer oil and helps to dissipate the likelihood of high electrostatic charging tendencies. These highly engineered materials meet their respective ASTM D 2000 line call-outs as well as industry specification GE A12C11E7.
Selecting the right sealing material is important, and there are very few applications our knowledgeable team at Automated Gasket Corp. isn’t familiar with. We can assist you in determining which material will perform best in your unique application.
Our Nitrile Gasket Fabrication Process
Our NBR gaskets are used in a wide range of applications for industries across the nation. We know that no two applications are the same, that’s why we work directly with you to understand your needs. Our made-to-order gasket process is simple. Send us your CAD file, detailed drawing, or gasket photo, and we will manufacture your custom gasket to fit your specifications.
Our in-house tooling, prototyping capabilities, and raw material buying power allow for efficient nitrile gasket fabrication that yields the best results for your project. Our team can typically produce your sample within 48 hours of your request, as long as materials are available.
NBR Gasket Supplier
Our gasket experts are committed to ensuring that you get the best material and best sealing solution possible. Let Automated Gasket Corp. assist you with your project, contact us today for reliable custom nitrile gaskets and seals!