Whether you need to cut a material that doesn’t hold up well to traditional machining methods or you are looking for reliably accurate cutting for your product prototype design, Automated Gasket Corporation can help! All you need to do is provide us with your CAD file, or if you have a design and you would like our CAD expert to draw it for you, we are here to help you utilize our precise waterjet cutting. We can manufacture your unique product with a quick turn around.
Contact our qualified team today for a cost-effective cutting solution!
How Does a Waterjet Cutter Work?
Waterjet cutting involves forcing water through a tiny hole at a high velocity and pressure. The stream of water goes through the nozzle and into the material, leaving behind a perfect cut. Certain materials require a granular abrasive (typically garnet) to be combined with the water stream at the nozzle to increase the cutting power.
A waterjet cutting machine system is composed of:
- A waterjet table – a nozzle mechanism with an abrasive hopper attached and catcher tank below
- A waterjet pump – provides highly-pressurized water for the cutting process
- A controller – uses software for system operation, motion control, and nozzle positioning
What Materials Can a Waterjet Cut?
An abrasive waterjet can cut virtually anything! Common materials we cut with our waterjet include:
- Aluminum, Brass, Bronze Copper, Inconel
- Cardboard, Paper, Wood
- Carpet, Cloth, Felt, Leather, Vinyl
- Composites, Kevlar, Laminates
- Ceramic, Corian, Formica
- Foam, Fiberglass
- Glass, Acrylic, Plexiglass, Mirror, Stained Glass
- Granite, Marble, Porcelain, Quartz, Slate, Stone, Tile
- Plastic, Rubber, Silicone
- Stainless Steel, Steel, Titanium, Tungsten
- And more
What is Waterjet Cutting Used For?
Because waterjet machines have the ability to accurately cut and shape countless materials and small parts, it is the preferred method for a number of industries and applications, including:
- Aerospace – body & body parts, engine components, structural components, etc.
- Automotive – interior trim, fiberglass body components, insulation, foam, under-hood, etc.
- Electronics – circuit boards, electrical enclosures, control panels, components for portable generators, etc.
- Medical / Surgical – artificial limb components, carbon braces & orthopedic appliances, etc.
- Architectural / Design / Artwork – architectural trim & window system components, flooring/table/wall inlays, tiling & backsplashes, countertops, signage, clothing, furniture, etc.
Waterjet Cutting Services
When you work with Automated Gasket Corp., you receive the best customer service from our knowledgeable team as well as high-quality results in a timely manner. From gasket fabrication to waterjet cutting services, we can make the product design and prototyping process easier for you! To have your cutting needs handled by our waterjet machine pros, contact us today!